I hope everyone had a lovely Easter break. The weather was so gorgeous here that I spent much more time cycling than knitting (what a terrible admission for a yarn addict, just forget I said that), but I do have some finished objects to show you.
This is the Ballerina Wrap , Design D, from Sirdar Crofter DK pattern book 349. I have knit it in shade #58, Moorland, and it was very quick to make.
I made a few minor changes to the pattern. My daughter wants this wrap top primarily to wear to dance class, and felt that the pattern was a little too long to wear over a leotard, so I have made it 5cm shorter in the body. I also knit i-cord, rather than making a garter stitch tie, just because I really like i-cord. I crocheted 2 rows as a neck finish rather than picking up stitches and knitting an edge, as I really need more crochet practice, and am taking every opportunity to get some!
I found the yarn delightful to knit, soft and cosy, and am very pleased that this is a machine washable yarn (great for active wear knits). However, I did have a small yarn problem. There was one knot in 4 balls, not the end of the world, but unfortunately, the knot made a pattern break that was rather strange. I kept knitting, expecting the pattern repeat to come around so that I could (curses)reverse knit and match the two fronts, but it didn't seem to match the other knitting, even after 10cm. I eventually worked out that the post knot yarn was wound in the opposite direction, so the pattern repeat was upside down! Probably most other knitters will not be as slow as me to work this out. All I can say in my defence was that at this point I was knitting late in the evening after a glass of wine....