Monday, February 15, 2010

More slippers

An almost successful project can either put you off completely, or fire you up to try again. With the quick knit French Press slippers, and some pretty green Heirloom Heatherwood 8ply, I was ready to try again, even though my yarn was supposedly the wrong weight for the pattern.
Fortunately for me, when I am knitting with multiple strands of yarn, on huge 10mm needles, there does not seem to be very much difference between 8ply and worsted weight yarn, particularly for something that is designed to shrink anyway.
My 8ply slippers in lovely feltable merino were a fabulous fit with no needle changes needed for tension fiddling.
SDC10589
SDC10586
I think my next pair will be in 8ply as well, and I might make the sides a little higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment