in retrospect (that means, once i recovered from weaving in ends and sewing the strips together) I really enjoyed making the Jo Sharp Mitred Blanket (enlarged), and almost immediately started a new version, which started out as a tasteful subdued version in pale blue, cream and darkest brown.
This was to coordinate with an Ikea print which is on the covers of the armchairs in my daughter's flat.
Somehow, all the other colours in the Ikea print crept into the blanket - and some more shades that didn't exactly match the print snuck in as well. Fortunately there are another 2 armchairs in a dark neutral where I can drape the blanket instead.
I find it quite easy to get carried away with stripes and colour creeping.
I did plan these colours, so the blanket had a 9 patch appearance, but when you see the thing overall, I can't see the 9 patch.
It seems to have become one of those scrappy colourful blankets that are cheerful and warm, but not terribly sophisticated, and that is just fine with me.
Mostly I have used Sirdar Baby Bamboo, Jo Sharp Soho Summer Cotton,
Heirloom Capri and Aslan Trends Glaciar Del Celio. These are all 8ply
(DK/light worsted) with less than 50% wool content. I wanted a no-itch
blanket for the people who don't cope well with animal fibres against
their skin, and it seems to be working, there is an "it itches" boy inside this, and I didn't hear a single complaint. Maybe I should start another one....