Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Scarf Series 5: Infinity cowl in two yarns

It is very pleasing when the pattern you write for one yarn makes an equally satisfying project with a different yarn (or two).

 SAM_1354_plus_logo_BL
 I was very happy when my fiddling about decision to combine two Jo Sharp yarns in moss stitch worked out so well. This is the same Infinity scarf pattern that I have shown you in the 12ply Guanaco, but I think I like it even better with the combined Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Kid mohair and Silk Road Aran Tweed.

I tried this stitch with the yarn combination after finishing my rib scarf with the two yarns, which felt terrific. As much as I liked the look of the two yarns knit together in rib, I felt  the finished product was a little more disguising to the Silkroad Aran Tweed than I had hoped.

 The bulk of the two yarns is about the same as the 12 ply, but the combined yarns are displayed very nicely by the moss stitch, with the brighter cranberry mohair showing up on the purl side of the stitches and blending in on the knit side, giving a texture that appeals to me greatly.
 SAM_1347_plus_logo_BL
The scarf is a little less wide than the Guanaco, but also lighter, weighing in at just unde 150g, compared to the Guanaco at 200g.

No comments:

Post a Comment