Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hat for camp that rocks

My daughter suffered a hat crisis on Monday night. No warm hat for school camp, except a “boring” beanie. She begged, she pleaded, and I gave in. Free pattern Snowboarder hat that rocks (blog link)to the rescue. Very, very cool pattern according to my daughter. Very, very fun and quick pattern according to me.
SAM_2536

SAM_2534

SAM_2533

I used Sirdar Crofter Chunky yarn (#59, Rambler Rose), which is probably less bulky than the yarn called for in the pattern, but the hat looks fine anyway. Using this yarn, it might not fit a large man, which is the size given in the pattern , but it fits my daughter nicely. I love stretchy, forgiving cables.

I used DP needles, as I prefer them to circular needles, and used more strands of yarn for the plaits, but otherwise knitted this up exactly as written.
I got lots of Mum points for this one.

1 comment: