Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A&R Quilters


This week some of the ladies from the A&R quilting group, of Redcliffe fame, came to Gympie for a day out. They had morning tea and some handwork time at Stitch Bliss, (and there was a multiple craftswoman who did no quilting at all, just had a lovely time looking at knitting patterns, but I won't tell you which one). I stock only a few quilting fabrics here, and as I have selected them for smocking suitability, it was very interesting to hear the comments on their appeal from quilters. Apparently my smocking/quilting fabric selection is good as quilting background, or as complimentary fabrics to those with a quilting WOW factor. I guess this makes sense to me, as when I smock, I want the smocking to be the garment feature, not necessarily the fabric print.

These talented ladies are putting on a quilt show in May to raise money for charity. I will post about it again closer to the date, but hopefully you can read the flyer from the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment