Friday, January 7, 2011

Cotton bolero - Sirdar

One of my Christmas present projects was a bolero for my 10 year old niece.
stitchblissSAM_2939_plus_logo_TC
I started the lace bolero from the Sirdar cotton children's pattern book, in size 11, which is reportedly for a 76cm chest.
The bolero turned out beautifully.
stitchblissSAM_2936_plus_logo_TC
I was really happy with it, until I measured it.
It was far too big for someone with a 76 cm chest. My gauge was spot on. I was a little annoyed, until my 13 year old daughter admired it. Instant extra Christmas present!
stitchblissSAM_3050_plus_logo_TC
stitchblissSAM_3051_plus_logo_TC

It is only a little too big for her. Her chest measurement is 81cm. I really like this pattern, but it runs large.
Next I will be making a size 8 for my niece!

No comments:

Post a Comment