Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Daisy cardigan

I love the colour Carmen in Jo Sharp's Soho Summer DK cotton, and have been wanting to make something from it for ages.
I started to knit a sundress top for my niece, putting in some purl stitch daisies that I graphed to co-ordinate with a blue red and white Asian daisy print, but after I had knit the panel with the raised daisies, I thought it was too tall for a back bodice sundress on a 3 year old, so decided to turn it into a cargidan instead. Because I had started already, I had to write the pattern as I went along, but I am very happy with it now that the cardigan is finished, don't you love the buttons?
SDC10300
Now I just have to make a dress to match.

1 comment:

  1. That cardigan is gorgeous. Yes, I love the buttons but I als o love the pattern around the bottom edge. Well done.

    never2hot2knit on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete